Are you looking for a way to explore the ancient wonders of Egypt without spending a fortune? Then a private day trip from Hurghada to Abydos and Dendera is the perfect option. On this tour, you’ll get to explore two of the most important ancient sites in Egypt—Abydos and Dendera—while learning about the cult of Osiris and the pharaohs of ancient Egypt.
Our Egyptologist tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Hurghada and you enjoy a leisurely drive to Abydos Temple, where you’ll learn why this site was once considered one of the holiest places on earth.
As one of the oldest known temples in Egypt, the Abydos Temple is known for its connection to Osiris, the god of the afterlife. As you explore the site, you’ll learn all about the cult of Osiris and discover the gateway to the underworld. You’ll also get to see the Seti Temple, which is known for its intricate reliefs that are among the best in the New Kingdom.
The Osireion Bath is an impressive building with a watery nature in its inception. It was established on ancient underground water springs and is located behind the Temple of Seti I at a low level of 18 meters. On this tour, you’ll get to explore the site (Optional) and learn more about the legendary rulers.
Next, you’ll drive to Dendera Temple to admire one of the best-preserved temples in Egypt This temple was built in Greco-Roman times and is dedicated to Hathor, the goddess of love, joy, happiness, and music. You’ll get to admire decorations from Roman rulers alongside Egyptian gods and get to see a beautiful sculpture of Queen Cleopatra VII.
At the end of our exciting tour, we will drive back to Hurghada, loaded with the culture and secrets of the ancient Egyptians, which we will not forget as long as we live.
– Tour Duration: 17 | 18 hours
– Tour Types: Private
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSION
– Hotel pickup and drop-off in Hurghada.
– All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle.
– Entrance fees of Dendera & Abydos Temples.
– Lunch at a local restaurant.
– Bottle of water during the tour.
– Egyptologist tour guide.
– All taxes & service charge.
– We pick-up from (El Gouna – Makadi Bay – Sahl Hasheesh) extra charges 10 $ per person.
– We pick-up from (Soma Bay – Safaga) extra charges 15 $ per person.
– Entrance fees of catacombs of Dendera Temple and inside Osireion Bath.
– Not wheelchair accessible.
– Travelers can send their own pickup location.
– For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the – tour’s start time.
– Cut-off times are based on the tour’s local time.
– This tour requires good weather. If your tour is canceled due to inclement weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.